Tuesday, May 23, 2006

2006 Audie Awards


The bibliomaniac in me loves audio books. This way, I can do all my hated household chores, exercise, cook, whatever and get to listen to the latest bestseller or classic novel or whatever else strikes my fancy, AT THE SAME TIME!! How is that for multitasking?! (Although I do not recommend trying to do the crosswords and listen at the same time as I end up having to listen to chapters again…) Anyway, you should give it a try…last Friday (5/19) the Audio Publishers Association announced their 2006 Audie Awards winners for tons of various categories. The complete list is available at www.audiopub.org. Some of the winning titles include:

Audiobook of the Year
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy: The Tertiary Phase by Douglas Adams, read by BBC Radio
Fiction Unabridged
A Slight Trick of the Mind by Mitch Cullen, read by Simon Jones
Nonfition, Unabridged
The World is Flat by Thomas Friedman, read by Oliver Wyman
Mystery
Serpent on the Crown by Elizabeth Peters, read by Barbara Rosenblat
Romance
Origin in Death by J. D. Robb, read by Susan Ericksen

Category: Audio

No comments: